Phase 2 of the programme will be for those aged between 50 and 64 who do not fall into the higher risk categories covered by Phase 1. The Government has indicates that Phase 2 vaccinations will begin in November (or possibly December) and we await further guidance as to how this will be delivered.
Patients eligible for a vaccination as part of phase 1 of the vaccinations programme are receiving letters to invite them to book an appointment at one of our flu vaccination clinics.
For patients that qualify for the flu vaccination as part of Phase 1 we will be holding the following bookable clinics:
Leyburn Medical Practice – Saturday mornings throughout October. These clinics are mainly for Leyburn residents.
Middleham Key Centre – Tuesday 6th and 20th October afternoons.
Please try to book an appointment for the clinic nearest to where you live.
Clinics will be held within surgery through September and October.
- If you are attending the surgery for an appointment with a GP or a nurse during October we will try and arrange to give you the vaccination at the same time to save you having to come to a flu vaccination clinic.
- Housebound – if you are under the care of the District Nurses you will be given your flu vaccination by a District Nurse during a visit. If you are not under the care of the District Nurses team please phone reception to discuss.
- Kirkwood Hall residents will be seen Tuesday 22nd October as per their letter.
- If you have your vaccination at a pharmacy they will provide confirmation for your medical record.
- If you are eligible and do not want the vaccination please contact the surgery to advise you are declining the vaccination this year, this will ensure you do not receive any further communications.
- Before the vaccination and on the day of your vaccination please follow the guidance within your invitation letter.
- More information and advice is available on the NHS website: