Gill will be working at Leyburn Mondays and Wednesdays, providing wellbeing-focused informed interventions and coordinating care plans for adults with mental health problems. This includes providing assessment, interventions, and support.
Patients who are suitable to be seen are:
- Mild to moderate mental health problems
- Depression, anxiety, stress, panic, difficulty with emotions, feeling suicidal, feeling overwhelmed
- Those who are on a waiting list for treatment but feel they need their mood reviewed
- Anyone feeling their mental health is relapsing
- People unable to follow a structured treatment model
X Not under secondary care services or actively receiving treatment
When would an urgent appointment be necessary?
- People who are in emotional distress
- People who are experiencing thoughts they would be better off dead or hurting themselves in some way
- The appointment will consist of safety planning and liaison with other services if necessary
X If actively harming or planning to end life contact 999 or TEWV Crisis Service: 0800 0516 171
How can patients be referred to see our additional staff?
- Call reception and ask to be booked straight into an appointment
- GPs/nurses can book patients in following a consultation if mental health need is identified