Follow us on Facebook
Leyburn Medical Practice Patient Participation Group
Welcome to Leyburn Medical Practice Patient Participation Group (PPG) which was officially formed at the end of July 2011 with the key purpose of acting as a link between the Practice and its patients. It is run by patients for patients and its specific activities are to:
- Contribute to practice decision-making and act as a forum for consultation on service development and provision
- Provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests and challenge the practice constructively whenever necessary. This will include reviewing the Practice’s annual local patient survey in order to inform the Group’s priorities and work programme
- Serve as a ‘safety valve’ for dealing with grumbles and complaints about the practice – representing patients but also helping them to understand the practice’s viewpoint
- Communicate information about the wider community which may affect healthcare
- Give patients a voice in the organisation of their care
- Promote good health and higher levels of health literacy by encouraging and supporting activities within the practice and promoting preventive medicine
- Influence the provision of secondary healthcare and social care locally
- Monitor services, eg hospital discharge and support when back in the community
- Give feedback to NHS trusts, commissioning bodies etc on consultations.
To join please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ask at Reception when you are next in the surgery.
You can find details of our latest activities and discussions from the minutes and reports of our meetings which can be downloaded below. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact one of your committee members, listed below. More information can be also be found on the national site for PPGs: www.napp.org.uk.
Sue Medley (Chair), David Bolam, Denise Houghton, Geoff Linehan, Judy Metcalf, Joanne Butler, Eva Stone, Nigel Watson.
Leyburn Medical Practice Patients Participation Group is always keen to hear of anyone interested in joining their membership. The group currently has over 60 members of all ages and from the different communities served by the Practice, however there are very few members aged under 40 even though 20% of the Practice List falls into this age group. If you are registered with Leyburn Medical Practice and you are interested in becoming a member of the Patient Participation Group then please contact me or ask at the surgery for more details.
Sue Medley (Chair)
Leyburn Patient Participation Group